This is the first part to a three-part series on construction supervision, a service we provide when webre designing a project, but not installing it. This continuity ensures that the design, which in a landscape is fluid and dependent on site conditions at the time of installation, is built with all the original design intent, in the most site-efficient ways.
So, what is construction supervision?
We supervise all landscape construction and manage contracts that fall under the Landscape Architectbs jurisdiction including:
- all landscape and exterior hardscape work,
- coordinating landscape contractors with other contractors on site,
- field lay out of all hard surface areas (walkways, patios, etc.) B and B proving techniques (often, for example, multiple stone masons will have different styles of stone work and the different styles are visible; we ensure that the look is seamless and high quality).
- approving plant material quality and size
- staking or laying out trees, shrubs, and planting beds so that they fit the terrain, views, screening needs, etc.
- field design and construction of any and all water features and associated surfaced areas in the landscape.B No matter how well you draw or use Autocad, you cannot lay out a water fall on paper without room for interpretation.B We work on site with the contractors to ensure that our expertise is reflected in the naturalization of the design
- approving irrigation layout to ensure no cutting of corners that results in maintenance issues down the road
- landscape lighting design
Visit our Gallery page to see construction supervision images.
Come back later for part II b How construction supervision works.