Now that youbve got your backyard all spruced up, you surely want to get out on it and spend some quality time. What could be better than hosting a barbecue? Gather some friends and family and light up the grill. Just make sure that youbre taking all of the right safety precautions. Here are some grilling safety tips from Hometownlife.com.
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your operating grill unattended.
- Keep a glass of water nearby to extinguish flare ups from the grease dripping on the burner.
- If you use a starter fluid, use only charcoal starter fluid. Never add charcoal fluid or any other flammable liquids to the fire.